Custom Print Balloon Artwork Guidelines
Artwork Specifications for Custom Screen Printed Balloons
When preparing your own artwork, here are our general guidelines to ensure maximum print quality.
- File Formats Ideally, artwork files should be supplied in vector EPS or AI format. We also accept PDF, TIFF and JPEG files supplied at full size with a minimum resolution of 600 dpi.
- All fonts should be converted to outlines/curves.
- It is good to remember that mages from websites are usually 72dpi - too low resolution for printing purposes.
- Gradients may be reproduced using our stipple technique (see below) however file manipulation will incur additional charges. We suggest a halftone at 30 dpi for effective reproduction during screening.
- One way to make the most of your brand colours is to use like balloon colours with reverse colour inks to create striking contrasts.
Artwork Requirements for Each Balloon Size & Type
- 30cm latex balloons (most common size latex)- artwork should be large enough to fill a 12cm square area
- 40cm latex balloons - 13cm square
- 70cm latex balloons - 20cm square
- 45cm foil balloons (most common size foil) - 18cm square
Single Colour Artwork
For single-colour prints, artwork can be supplied as a solid black image.
Two to Four Colour Artwork
The use of multiple ink colours can be very effective where a gap of 3-5mm has been allowed between colours. This margin is necessary to minimise the appearance of misregistration. As latex balloons are semi-inflated during printing, any subsequent movement between screens means 100% registration cannot be guaranteed (each ink colour requires its own screen).
Overlapping colours may be possible where the foreground image is floating independently of the background, depending on artwork and ink colours used.
Photographs and gradients can be printed in one colour using a stipple effect, which uses dots of varying sizes to show the graduation of shading in an image.
Important Note Regarding Copyright
When ordering custom printed balloons or other materials, the responsibility for usage of any copyrighted images, messages or other graphic material remains the sole responsibility of the client.
NO RESPONSIBILITY IS TAKEN FOR ANY BREACH OF COPYRIGHT OR INCORRECT USAGE OF TRADE MARKS OR REGISTERED DESIGNS ON MATERIALS SUPPLIED TO PARTY FLAIR FOR REPRODUCTION.