Pop the Balloon i s an easy and fun fundraising activity
Whether it’s a ball, charity event, community group, sports club or school fundraiser, “Pop the Balloon” is very popular and you will certainly raise money whilst offering a fun activity for your guests.
For more fundraising tips and ideas, connect with us on Facebook, Google+ and Pinterest
This is the first tip in our new series, High Impact Fundraising.
Pop the Balloon
“Pop the Balloon” is an easy and fun activity for your fundraising event. Whether it’s a ball, charity event, community group, sports club or school fundraiser, “Pop the Balloon” is very popular and you will certainly raise money whilst offering a fun activity for your guests. This fundraising activity also adds lots of interest, colour and festive ambience to your event space.
How to set up Pop the Balloon:
- Insert your prize message or raffle ticket, then air inflate your balloons.
- Tie them off and put them into a giant net, bag or hang along a garland or string. You can even use different colour balloons for different types of prizes (eg, children vs adults, $5-$10 vs $50+ prize levels).
- Tease your guests by displaying the prizes, separated into their various sections. You can build a sense of 'get in quick or miss out' by offering a choice from several prizes available in each section. One or two prizes are usually most popular.
- Sell the raffle tickets or balloons by colour.
- Let them pick and pop a balloon.
Allocating a specific time to pop the balloons is a good idea to quarantine the noise level to a particular time during the fundraiser, minimising the impact of this loud activity from the effectiveness of other activities.
Connect and share these great fundraising ideas, and create an amazing fundraising event for your school, network, community group, charity or sporting group.
Image courtesy BSG Studio
Leave a comment